Saturday, January 28, 2012

Italian Door Knobs













I don't know why it caught my attention, but the first thing I noticed as we traveled in a bus from the Milan airport was the  beautiful doors and knobs on every building.  Italians seem to care about things being beautiful. In my mind's eye I had pictured a group of pictures on my bare walls of door knobs.  I made it a mission to take pictures of every door knob that caught my eye from Milan to Siracusa. My cousin Cheryl joined in the venture and it became our game as we traveled to find beautiful door knobs. It was like playing the state license plate game when you traveled as a kid. We were captivated by the beauty and uniquness of each one.
I have since made calendars of door knobs, and gave one to my cousin. I am going to do a grouping, but haven't decided which ones and where to put them.
I just love looking at my door knobs of Italy. It brings back lots of fun memories.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment