Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Wedding shower

The girls and I have been looking at buttons things on pinterest. We took this idea and decided that instead of covering it in flowers that we would cover their initials in vintage buttons from our collections. We found the letters we wanted at Hobby Lobby.  The bride to be loved it and we gave it to her for their new home. We felt it was a labor of love. The buttons had been gathered many years ago by my grandmother and my daughters grandmother-in-law. We combined the buttons and the Principessa and I made the letters. I did the A and she did the M.

Balloon wreath.  We saw the idea and my 2 daughters and I created this to put on the front door. I like ours better than any we saw on Pinterest. I think it was the bow that made it special.

Crayon Art  - We decided to decorate the wall by the food table with crayon art. This project took a lot more time than you would think. It got so tedious that there were 4 of us and we each took on a board. It was late at night when we were doing this and  the Principessa said, " We should put them in the sun like it shows on Pinterest. " Well I thought that was brilliant, but the hour was late and we needed to complete the project before morning.  I am definitely going to repeat this and I think I'm going to do a heart shape and put it in the sun.
We made these rainbow fruit skewers too.

We also did a lot of other pinterest ideas. We made Italian skewers and we made them vegetarian. We used only fresh mozzarella and put fake pepperoni in place of real meat.

We made mac and cheese bites. I had made them earlier in the week and thought that they were bland. After much discussion with the girls, I let them make mac and cheese. They made it with gouda, white cheddar, and  fontina. It was much better than the recipe listed, but they also didn't put the egg in the mac and cheese so it did not stick together very well.
This was a beautiful day for a very special young lady. I hope these pictures and links inspire you too!
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment