Saturday, October 20, 2012

Dollar Store Fall Decor

Here is what you need to get started. Some Dollar Store loose leaves, twisted sisal twine found in Wally World's home fix it area, and a glue gun. Oh and because I was streaming videos I stuck a cutting board underneath because I am messy.
 This was hard to take a picture and do, but below I cut the twine in various sizes and put a dab of glue on the back side of the leaf, then after several  tries, I came up with a genius idea. I cut the twine longer and put the dab more towards the middle and held the twine on both sides until it was almost set then made a sandwich and put the other leaf on the back side.  You are gluing two back sides so the pretty side shows.
 I thought I had it all done, but the little tree just needed something for the top so I had to eat a mango pop to get the stick. . . . .  what a deal. I glued some of the leftover leaves on the stick and we get the finished product below.
 I feel so crafty today.
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment